Pro-Stitcher 2-Day HQ Virtual Education Event Via Zoom
Friday March 19thth: 10:00AM – 12:00PM and 1:00PM – 3:00PM
Saturday March 20th: 10:00AM – 12:00PM and 1:00PM – 3:00PM
With Handi Quilter National Educator Linda Gosselin. See Linda’s bio below.
North Country Quilters & Sew ‘n Vac is thrilled to announce a collection of Pro-Stitcher classes in March that will allow you to experience the world of computerized longarm quilting. All this from the comfort and safety of your own home! If you have ever wondered whether a computerized longarm machine is right for you, or if you’ve recently a purchased a Pro-Stitcher and would like to expand your skills, these classes are perfect for you. You’ll learn tips and tricks of the trade that professionals use, and you’ll expand your repertoire of creative computerized quilting techniques for those that are experienced Pro-Stitcher users. Classes are live and limited to 12 students. Students will be able to interact with the instructor and other students via Zoom.
Class 5-A Part 1– Introduction to the Pro-Stitcher Friday March 19thth: 10:00AM – 12:00PM
Part 1 Class Description: Pro-Stitcher is an intuitive computer-guided quilting system designed especially for use with Handi Quilter longarm quilting machines. User-friendly and simple to operate, the step-by-step process for each function is easy and fun. Whether finishing your own quilts or consider a quilting business, come see the elegant and precise quilting you can accomplish with Pro-Stitcher. New owners – start here!
Part 1 Topics Include:
- Overview of support resources available on-line
- Overview of menu and basic functions and design catalog
- Place a block design using Skew, Resize, XForm and Align
- Demonstration of the Pro-Stitcher Simulator
- Overview of PS Designer ™
Class 5-A Part 2– Introduction to the Pro-Stitcher Friday March 19thth: 1:00PM – 4:00PM
Part 2 – Let’s Quilt – Offered only with Part 1.
This class of quilting applications is an extension of Part 1 and addresses specific functions and basic techniques a quilter will use on a regular basis to finish quilts with the Pro-Stitcher. Tips and shortcuts for using features of the program are included.
Part 2 Topics Include:
- What’s the difference between Reposition, Nudge, and Drag and Drop
- The many ways to describe an Area on your quilt
- Using Skew vs Border Skew & Triangle Skew
- Set up, crop, wrap and advance edge to edge designs
- Quilt straight lines the easy way with Move or Channel Locks
Class 5-B– Part 1 Moving on with Pro-Stitcher Saturday March 20thth: 10:00AM – 12:00PM
Part 1 Class Description Ready to expand your Pro-Stitcher knowledge? We’ll tackle borders, sashing and corners with the great features found in Pro-Stitcher. Making designs fit in any block shape is a breeze with all of our great Skew options. You can even create your own designs using all the great functions in Record.
- Managing sashing, borders and corners
- Skewing into any size or shape
- Quilting areas larger than the throat-space of your machine
- Cropping, rotating and resizing for customization
- Creating your own designs with Record and Mark
Class 5-B– Part 2 Advanced Pro-Stitcher Saturday March 20thth: 1:00PM – 4:00PM
Part 2 – Advanced Pro-Stitcher – Offered only with Part 1.
Class Description Are you ready to take your Pro-Stitcher skills up notch? This class focuses on combining designs to create new options for your quilts. Next, we’ll take the basic edge to edge and show you how to set it up three ways, and then focus on advancing your quilts for maximum accuracy. Finally, we’ll discuss repositioning and all ways you can use this powerful tool.
- Combining designs
- Setting up edge to edge designs 3 ways
- Advancing your quilt
- Cropping the bottom of an edge to edge design
- Repositioning your design and making a new start point
- Friday Parts 1 & 2 Classes: $80 total
- Saturday Parts 1 & 2 Classes: $80 total
- Both Days Friday and Saturday Classes: $130 total
25% Off All Handi Quilter Accessories Purchased During The Event